SSI - Self supporting interlayers
Nycopac has designed and design protected a vacuumformed interlayer that is self-supporting when stacked on each other. There are many benefits of this product, one being that the interlayer puts no pressure on product layers below it. This is optimal for products that under no circumstance can be exposed to pressure, such as painted or fragile products. The clever design makes it possible to vary height in order to optimize packing density and fit different types of products. You can also put a lid on it, enabling you to put another pallet on top of it.
The following properties are important to keep in mind:
- Since the interlayers are self-supporting and doesn’t rest on product layers below it, it can be used for products that cannot be exposed to pressure. This could be because the product can’t withstand load, because it is painted, or if it has protruding details that are hard to protect within the interlayer.
- The design makes height variation possible, in order to fit different products and to optimize packing density.
- The interlayers are formed in such a way that they can be stacked in each other during return transport, and the height of the return stack is reduced to 60% of a loaded stack.
- The interlayer can be done with a folded edge that goes around the underlying interlayer, thereby removing the need of pallet collars. This also removes the expensive cost of returning the pallet collar.
- We have tested to put 1500 kg of weight on a pallet with 10 interlayers and one lid without any safety issues.
Self Supporting Interlayer is used one way loaded and mirrored unloaded. When it is loaded it supports it self to the interlayer beneath without resting on the load. The Interlayer will have a free space abouve load, see example A.
When transported without load the Interlayer will be turned 180° and fall down in the layer below to be more tightly packed for the returning Interlayers, saving a lot of space in warehouses and trucks.
An SSI system loaded into a Sleeve (half pallet size)